Friday, March 18, 2005

COUNTERPOINT EXTRA: SINCLAIR ACTION

I'm proud to announce that beginning this week, I am contributing a regular "Counterpoint" essay for SinclairAction that will appear on their website. However, I will still maintain this blog independent of SinclairAction or any other organization.

The Counterpoint feature that appears on SinclairAction will be a "kinder, gentler" version of what you see here. On a weekly basis, I'll write a response to a chosen edition of "The Point" from the previous week and/or comment on general trends in Mark Hyman's rhetoric. There will be less snide asides from me and more pure fact checking and analysis. However, the goal is the same--to provide a balance to "The Point" and to identify and critique Hyman's simplifications, distortions, and falsehoods.

Like what you see here, the commentary that appears courtesy of SinclairAction represents my individual point of view, not the editorial voice of the organization (i.e., I'm not on the SinclairAction payroll). However, SinclairAction is offering me an opportunity to contribute to their ongoing efforts to monitor Sinclair Broadcasting and keep them honest (to the extent that's possible).


I'd like to thank the good folks at SinclairAction as well as Media Matters for America for the encouragement and support they've provided!

T.R.

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congradulations Ted!

SinclairAction is gaining another powerful voice for fairness in the media. It will be great to see some of your work get more exposure so that more people can benefit from it.

I am also happy to hear that you are continuing this forum. I feel we could get more people visiting this site if you participated in a few more interviews with the Air America people, even if just by phone.

We need you on the Mike Malloy Show and on the Randi Rhodes Show now that she is back, not to mention Morning Sedition, Unfiltered, Al Franken and The Majority Report.

Thanks again for all you do, and keep bustin' Hyman!

Mike B. in SC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.