Wednesday, June 21, 2006

To Those Who Came Here Looking for "BMOC"

To all who came here via a link from a blog posting saying something like "GOPers are Simpletons" by someone named BMOC:

I wanted to apologize for the posts that have been placed your board with the text "GOPs are Simpletons" under the pseudonym "BMOC." Whoever is posting these messages is providing a link to a blog that I maintain. However, BMOC is not me.

"BMOC" is almost certainly an individual who lurks on my site from time to time who wants to embarass me by posting idiotic messages linking to my site on conservative-themed websites. The sad thing is that he's been a victim of this himself (liberal posters putting up assinine posts linking to *his* website), and I stood up for him and did what I could to help track down the folks responsible for the faux postings.

Apparently he's embraced the very tactic he was victimized by.

At any rate, I just wanted to let you all know that "BMOC" is not me, and while I'm more than happy to have you stop by my blog, I'd never say something as dopey as all GOPers "simpletons." Heck, I don't even *think* that! I'm on the opposite side of the political spectrum from most Republicans on a majority of issues, but I think that both the left and the right have their fair share of both simpletons and civilized people. It would be nice if more of the debate were carried out by the latter rather than the former. Our mutual friend, BMOC, is evidence of what happens when the simpletons rule.

Thanks, and sorry again for the silly posts put up in my name.

Cheers,

TJR

6 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't say I agreed with your points, but I can respect the way you argued. Here's hoping for more discourse across the aisle along the lines of your post on ABP

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Burn in hell, Anonymous.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Ted Remington said...

Thanks for the response, Anon1. I agree. You're welcome back any time. It would be nice to have some more folks visiting and commenting on the site who tend to take Hyman's side on the issues. As I've said on this blog a number of times, it's not Hyman's conservatism I find so problematic (although I do disagree with him on most political issues). It's the lameness of his arguments and his bad rhetorical hygiene that is most objectionable. Having intelligent debates on the issues would be a nice change.

Anon2, go away and stay away.

tjr

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ted,

Boy, the "opposition" is getting particularly nasty, huh.

Can that poster be blackballed? After all, the post was 100% nasty.

Life's too short to be engaging with people that can only spew ick.

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ted,

So, you did a good deed for Mike Thayer a while back, alerting him to someone possibly posing as the illustrious "SickOfSpin". In that helpful gesture, you supported Mike's right to his name.

Your reward?

- On his blog, Thayer blames the errant posting on liberals, without noting the irony that it was a liberal that helped him in the first place.

- Now Ted gets the BMOC treatment. Anyone who knows Ted, personally, or through his thoughtful, measured, statements here, knows that BMOC is not him.

God help us from these guys. There just dumb pawns in the Noise Machine, spewing garbage, pulling the pillars of civilization as certainly as the Goths did 1500 years ago.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Ted Remington said...

Thanks for the kind words, folks. Yeah, I might end up having to go to the practice of having to approve comments before they are actually posted if such stuff continues. I'd rather not, but if things get out of hand, I'll have to start filtering.

tjr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.